When you visit the website, we may collect information about you which may not personally identify you but which may be helpful for improving the operation of the website. Such information may be collected through “traffic data” and may entail the use of “Cookies”, “IP addresses” or other numeric codes used to identify your computer.
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer and are commonly used on the internet. Cookies help us to provide customised services and information.
- Analytical purposes: Analytical cookies allow us to recognise, measure and track visitors to the Website. This helps us to improve and develop the way the Website works, for example, by determining whether site visitors can find information easily, or by identifying the aspects of the site that are of the most interest to them.
- Usage preferences: Some of the cookies on the Website are activated when visitors to our sites make a choice about their usage of the site. Our Website then ‘remembers’ the settings preferences of the user concerned. This allows us to tailor aspects of the site to the individual user.
- Functional purposes: Functional purpose cookies store information that is needed by our applications to process and operate. For example, where transactions or requests within an application involve multiple workflow stages, cookies are used to store the information from each stage temporarily, in order to facilitate completion of the overall transaction.
We may need to do this to provide some of our services.
We use two types of cookie types:
- Session cookies – these are temporary and are deleted as soon as you close your browser.
Persistent/permanent cookies – these are stored on your computer until they expire or you remove them.Persistent cookies store your personal preferences such as your language preferences on multi-lingual sites to make subsequent visits easier. They also remember questions we have asked you previously, such as a request to complete an online survey. A persistent cookie will prevent you from being asked to complete the same survey every time you visit the website.
To make full use of the Website, your computer or mobile device will need to accept cookies, as the site will not function properly without them. In addition, cookies are required in order to provide you with personalised features on the Website.
Local Flash Storage – We may include content on the Website designed for display using Adobe Flash Player, such as animations, videos and tools. Local flash storage (often referred to as “Flash cookies”) can be used to help improve your experience as a user. Flash storage is retained on your device in much the same way as standard cookies, but is managed directly by your Flash software.If you wish to disable or delete information stored locally in Flash, please see the documentation for your Flash software, located at www.adobe.com. Please note that, if you disable Flash cookies, some site functionality may not work.
- Third party cookies – we work with third parties who, on our behalf, research the use of our website and activities on it. In doing so they may place a cookie on your computer. However it would not contain any personal information that others could read and understand. We also work with third parties to evaluate the effectiveness of our advertising and promotions on third party websites. Again, the cookie would not contain any personal information that others could read and understand.
Choices and further information about cookies
You can configure your web browser to tell you each time a new cookie is about to be stored on your computer so that you can decide whether to accept or reject it. Please refer to your internet browser’s help section for specific instructions. To find out more visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Please note that some parts of our website may not function properly if you reject cookies.
Our Data Protection Officer can be reached in writing to International House, Cooil Road, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM2 2SP or by email to DPO@rl360.com.
BY ACCESSING AND USING THIS WEBSITE YOU CONSENT TO THE USE OF YOUR INFORMATION FOR THE PURPOSES SET OUT ABOVE.